We are happy to announce that our latest configurator updates are now live and ready for your indulgence. Here's what we've been up to:
- Faster loading times: Overall loading times have been decreased by a minimum of 50%, and some load tests have even indicated a whopping 58-60% decrease in times as well. This applies to the initial configurator load as well as all 3D vehicles and parts.
- Metallic paint textures: We have enhanced the exterior vehicle textures with a digital metallic coat, along with increasing the contrast of the garage environments. These combined effects have greatly amplified the depth of the car paint, the garage lighting, and the configurator experience as a whole.
- New vehicles and parts: We have unlocked two new car brands; BMW and Porsche. We currently have the M5, 535i, 650i coupe/convertible, and the Porsche 911 Carrera Turbo available for your enjoyment. Additionally, we do have Vorsteiner body kits applicable to the M5 and 911 Carrera. These options can be found in the Compatibility Guide or Car Parts tabs.
- New functionality: All doors have been unlocked for the Audi A8/S8, A6/S6, S4, All R8 models and all TT models.
- Experimentation: Pull up the Audi R8 and check out the HRE P44SC. We've played around with this wheel in order to maximize the overall presentation as effectively as possible. A few things we've done: added shadows from the wheel spokes, added a darker gradient to the rotor, darkened the tire walls, and augmented the wheel finish for a realistic look.
We hope you enjoy these updates, and please feel free to email me directly with any feedback, questions or comments.